Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gods and Marionettes


For the last 3 months I have rarely had an evening out, so it was a treat to bring a gal pal to Gods and Marionettes at USC last night.  (For the record, my friends and family are Bruins, NOT Trojans.)

This show is a collaboration between the Los Angeles Contemporary Dance Company and Sonos, a SoCal a capella group.

While it's always great to watch live performances, even more necessary was just spending time with a friend.  (In LA, this happens a lot less than in other cities I've lived in.)  She introduced me to a kebab joint in Little Tokyo that was so hipster it had a DJ.

We met a 6 foot 11 black guy who was trying to eat gelato with a teeny tiny spoon and finally gave up.  This was amusing considering my friend and I are short Asian girls who rolled around in a mini cooper all night.  (HERS.  I wouldn't be caught in public driving a tiny car.)

I might not go out often, but when I do, I make it count.

Now back to my regularly scheduled hermetic life.

1 comment:

  1. LOL what?? 6 foot 11? I'd have to see him to believe it! ;)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete

I love dogs AND comments!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...