Friday, March 18, 2011

Book Blogger Hop #2: Multiple Reading

Announcement: Jamie Grey has a debut short story Princess for Hire through Muse Publishing this month!  She will be guest blogging here about e-publishing vs. self-publishing this Monday so come back and check it out.

And now on to...
Book Blogger Hop
"Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?"

I try to keep it to 5 books at once otherwise my brain can't hold all the storylines (plus my own and my CPs'). And I'm very methodical with my multiple reading.  Here's my system by type with what I'm currently reading:
  1. a current obsession: Vampire Academy By Richelle Mead (I may get into Nicholas Sparks next)
  2. a paranormal on Kindle: Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong
  3. a YA contemporary voice (can be dystopian/fantasy): was going to be The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong but it's so terrifying I think I'll start Matched by Ally Condie instead
  4. something long that can be read in tidbits (something I'm having a hard time getting through): The Book Thief by Mark Zusak
  5. an audiobook for driving in LA traffic; this category must be a contemporary voice: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (I'm in the epilogue now so I might switch Vampire Academy back to audiobook)

13 comments:

  1. I used to think I needed to keep it to one book at a time, but no more. I usually have an audio book going on the car, a book on yoga and a novel going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 4 at a time. I keep 1 in my bag (The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson), 1 in the bathroom for toothbrushing (XVI by Julia Karr), an audio book in the car (Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis), and one on my nightstand (Beyond the Kitchen by Michael Ruhlman).

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can only read one book at a time or I get all confused :) I love Kelley Armstrongs books- both Adult & YA series. New Followere :)

    My FF: http://inthenameofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. One fiction and one non-fiction book at a time... I like to power through books all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of books at once! I think the most I can do is 2 at once. More than that and my concentration gets too divided, and I'm a slow enough reader as it is. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a system! I love Armstrong's Otherworld series, as well as Vampire Academy and City of Bones!! And yes, audiobooks for the commute are a must!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog! I'm a new follower. :)
    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 is a lot! Haha and I thought I was bad with two. New follower, btw! Like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Vampire Academy, it's one of my favorite series! So is City of Bones.
    High five to you for being able to keep track of all those books haha
    Now Following, via the hop, if you get a chance, check out my blog

    Have a great weekend

    Asma
    www.themoodyteenager.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. New follower! I am obsessed with Vampire Academy too. Have you read Last Sacrifice yet? It was great?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. You even have a system. Mine is: Kindle, one or two library books, school book.

    Have a great weekend!
    Lucia
    iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try not to read more than 4 books at once, because, like you mentioned, I start to get the plots mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read several at the same time too. I'm currently reading a contemporary romance written by one of my favorite local authors - I like to read it before bed. A dystopian I'm studying for worldbuilding. A mid-grade book I'm reading to my son. Book two in series - that's taking me awhile to get into. And finally an audiobook that I listen to when I clean and cook in the kitchen. I'm not sure why, but I've always done this. Unless a book grabs hold of me and won't let go I usually switch around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are quite the multi-tasker, aren't you? Me? Um, NOPE. That would be ONE book at a time. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love dogs AND comments!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...