Friday, March 25, 2011

#100factsaboutme...Or Just Five Book-Related Ones

Q. Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.

  1. Every year when I was a girl growing up in New York State (like Almanzo Wilder) I would read the Little House series over winter break.  No you don't understand, this was an event.  I put on a long white nightgown (made of fire-retardant polyester, not wool, unfortunately) and walked carefully down the dark hallway as if I were holding a flickering candle.  I had to drink hot chocolate while I read because Laura Ingalls Wilder's food descriptions were so detailed.
  2. I'm so deathly afraid of spoilers that I won't even read the entire jacket flap.  All I need is the one-line hook and I'm good to go.  Just last week I had to stop reading an email from Krispy because she told me which guy she preferred in Matched and I didn't even want to know their names.  I couldn't read that part of her email until I finished the book a few days later.  I still haven't actually finished the email because she goes on to talk about another book series.
  3. In the last 10 years, I've NEVER re-read a book.  EVER.  Except for the Twilight series.  ::ducks::  I think it has to do with the spoiler thing.  Once I know how a story ends, I lose all impetus to read it.  I'm a diehard "what happens next?" girl.  In fact,
  4. I've continued to read/listen to series that I'm completely bored with just to see what happens next to the characters.
  5. I don't count non-fiction books as part of my "books I've read this year" number.  And I don't put them on Goodreads.  This is partially because I rarely read a non-fiction book cover to cover.

16 comments:

  1. Hey there. I am your most recent addition to your follower list! Huzzah! I really like your answers for the FF this week. I loved how detailed the food descriptions in the Little House on the Prairie series too and I always imagined their one piece of precious maple candy haha. :) I love your description of yourself as a kid and I was born in upstate NY just to share another tidbit with you! I left when I was only four though, so I remember more of it from my subsequent trips there instead of my actual time living there.

    Anyway, I hope you're having a great Friday morning and please stop by my blog to follow me too and read some reviews if you have time!

    Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    Thanks and I'll ttyl. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is awesome! I'm totally going to have to steal this idea!

    I love the image I get of you and your Little House ritual! I had a similar one with Anne of Green Gables :)

    And I'm the opposite about the spoilers - I tend to read the last page first! (well, after 50 pgs or so).

    Thanks for sharing these facts! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, if I didn't reread books, I would hardly read! Yet Twilight is the ONE I haven't lol. This is a great list, may just have to steal the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know there's a Little House on the Prairie cookbook? And I just might so happen to own it.

    I was always fascinated by the sod house.

    You would probably die to know that I am the worst spoiler-seeking person ever, when it comes to movies and TV shows. I like to know if someone is going to die, that way I can keep myself from getting too attached. My husband thinks I'm terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? I love to reread my faves.
    To find out bookish facts about me and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've reread twilight, too! By audiobook of course. lol Each one before each movie was released.

    Audible and there sales are seriously dangerous to my bank account. :\

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, I am SO SORRY. Did not know you were that level of non-spoilers. I'm pretty non-spoilery so I didn't think I put too much info in that email. Ack, sorry! :(

    TOTALLY spoiler-free version of the rest of that email was that, you should read the Demon's Lexicon trilogy. The 3rd book is coming out this year. On the surface, it reminded me a lot of Supernatural, but it's pretty different. But good! That is all. :)

    I re-read things on very specific or special ocassions. Like some of my absolute favorite books, I've only read once. I'm not really a re-reader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you from Jamie Grey and loved the comments about the Little House books!

    I used to re-read my favorites at least every couple years, but lately I've slacked off too. Part of it is because I'm trying to get serious about reading in my genre, so I'm reading more books. And part of it, like you said, is I'm getting more sensitive about the no-spoiler thing too!

    You what makes me almost always have to read to a book? When a goodreads reviewer says, and BLANK does BLANK and then BLANK happened and it's amazing you just have to read it to find out! I can't stand the Blanks! I'm a sucker every time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Sophia! Fun post! I am not a re-reader either. To me, reading a book for the first time is like a first kiss. The memory of the first rush and blush is enough for me. I'm afraid I'd be disappointed if I tried to recreate that exact moment. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always reread my favorites but only if I truly loved them. i'm a new follower. My FF is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  11. I WISH I had your fortitude when it comes to book spoilers! I'll never forget reading the inside jacket cover of Lev Grossman's THE MAGICIANS and feeling a slow dread fill my body as I realized later that those few paragraphs had summarized over 2/3 of the book :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg so totally agree with you about the spoilers!!!! I never want to read the flap! Ah!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. I've read the Twilight books multiple times. And HP. Otherwise I rarely re-read.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower! Drop by if you get a chance and have a great weekend!

    Kristin@ My Bookish Ways

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have a serious spoiler aversion. (I have been known to, on occasion, read the last page first...just to know.) (I know... the horror)

    Happy weekend,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  16. #2 makes me smile. I hate spoilers, too, but I rarely even buy the book unless I've read a couple reviews because I DO quit reading/watching a series if I'm not that into it. I think it's the busy mom thing because I never would have ever done that in my younger life.

    Also, hooray for Laura and Almonzo!

    ReplyDelete

I love dogs AND comments!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...