Q. Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.
- Every year when I was a girl growing up in New York State (like Almanzo Wilder) I would read the Little House series over winter break. No you don't understand, this was an event. I put on a long white nightgown (made of fire-retardant polyester, not wool, unfortunately) and walked carefully down the dark hallway as if I were holding a flickering candle. I had to drink hot chocolate while I read because Laura Ingalls Wilder's food descriptions were so detailed.
- I'm so deathly afraid of spoilers that I won't even read the entire jacket flap. All I need is the one-line hook and I'm good to go. Just last week I had to stop reading an email from Krispy because she told me which guy she preferred in Matched and I didn't even want to know their names. I couldn't read that part of her email until I finished the book a few days later. I still haven't actually finished the email because she goes on to talk about another book series.
- In the last 10 years, I've NEVER re-read a book. EVER. Except for the Twilight series. ::ducks:: I think it has to do with the spoiler thing. Once I know how a story ends, I lose all impetus to read it. I'm a diehard "what happens next?" girl. In fact,
- I've continued to read/listen to series that I'm completely bored with just to see what happens next to the characters.
- I don't count non-fiction books as part of my "books I've read this year" number. And I don't put them on Goodreads. This is partially because I rarely read a non-fiction book cover to cover.