Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grand Ol' South Tour: Nashville

Family

From Charleston we flew to Nashville to see my childhood friend that I call my little 'Sis'.

It was AMAZING to see her in the city she's adopted for the last 5 years, and to finally meet her boyfriend.  We're both far from family and having a sister for a few days filled a wonderful place in me.

We checked out the art fair at Centennial Park, which also sports a full-size replica of the Parthenon.  Local high schoolers were taking prom photos that day so we joined in.

reliving our high school musical days
At night we created my Mii so we could...play the Michael Jackson dance game on the Wii of course.



Food

Vidalia onion rings at Burger Up
their Bongo Java brand coffee is like crack
lunch on our last day
housemade salsa & chicken salad
Sis' front porch, right before the every-13-year cicada plague.

Next up on the tour...Graceland!


********
Don't forget to Ask Your Asian! Ask me or Krispy anything and the Asians will answer in an end-of-May vlog.

4 comments:

  1. You two are adorable, and mmm, that sandwich looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked like you had a ball! O love getting together with friends/family! Too much fun. I love Wii! Have you tried just dance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are way to cute! It looks like it was such a super fun trip!

    I'm getting to see my sister in Florida next week and I'm so excited. Ever since she joined the Navy and traveled it's been hard to see her! I'm really happy she's settled now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun time. And what a cute mii!

    ReplyDelete

I love dogs AND comments!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...