The rules for this award are
- Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
- Share seven random facts about myself.
- Pass the award along to 15 new-found blogging buddies.
- Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
7 Random Facts About Sophia
- I am certified in canine behavior from the ASPCA in NYC. I've worked with everybody from Rottweilers to Pomeranians. I've even taught a shelter dog to moonwalk on command.
- During the week I shared a makeup trailer with Katie Holmes (I sat in the next chair), I learned that her life was quite normal (she was with Chris Klein at the time.)
- I'm learning to beatbox (at a glacial pace) at the request of one of my a capella group members.
- My mom once met director Ang Lee and went on an on about me. She must have been memorably pushy because when I met Ang Lee a few months later, he said, "I remember your mom."
- I was Jackie Chan's interpreter when he came to Harvard as a guest and there's a photo of us in the Boston Globe laughing. I had to get up at 4 a.m. to go to the airport to meet his private jet (Zhang Zhiyi was on it, sleeping) and I got to ride around campus in his limo all day with his entourage.
- Number of times I've thrown my back out in a dance-off at a club/party: 2
- Number of times I've split my pants dancing at a club/party: 2
Gals I Swoon Over New Blogging Buddies
- Cindy Pon Even though she's published and famous, she's sooooo down to earth. Sometimes I pinch myself and ask, "Is the popular (mom) girl actually talking to ME?" Plus she likes Betsey Johnson.
- Jo Whittemore Another uber-published author that fangirls like me can talk to. Even when I gush like this about them. She likes Betsey too.
- Krispy My new boba/burger buddy
- Alz My new boyfriend (in my mind)
- Samantha Sotto This is one of the most supportive authors I've ever blog-met - Sam comments on blogs like a fiend. And is super cute. Just sayin'.
- Ali Cross Ali is the ninja of networking and another great commenter. Join the dojo.
- Lola Sharp Lola gives good virtual hug. What more can you ask for?
- Miranda Kennealy is not just an author but also a super smart D.C. politico who gets my Yale (sucks) jokes. SEXY.
- Ellen Oh is the Don - she just got a 3-book deal. Can we all sigh jealously now?
- Ani I'm STILL hoping to see this cool chick at a local SCBWI event soon :D
- **this blog friend is award-free** :(
- Summer Frey can probably found her own networking dojo :)
- Kristine Asselin another super supportive author (I was lucky enough to win a most excellent query critique from her)
- Joy Page Manuel kind of defines versatile (she has a Masters in Sociology)
- Sarah Skilton I was supposed to meet Sarah IN REAL LIFE this week but my stupid body barred me with a migraine and I am now hunting her down to meet IN REAL LIFE asap. Kind of because I can't believe how cute her blog photos are and I want to see this in person. I will report back (with photos if she lets me.) (And if this post hasn't freaked her out.)