Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Fill-Ins, starring Manny the Pitbull

Manny, one of the pitbulls we fostered
1. We are on this earth because we are capable of great love.

2. Adults can still experience childhood.

3. One of the hardest things for me to learn is how to let go.  I still don't know how.  I just wait until it leaves my being on its own accord, atom at a time.

4. The secret and unsecret yearnings of man are the same: to feel connected.

5. I remember every detail, unfortunately.

6. That a new day begins is one of the best parts of my life.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a eucalyptus-flavored epsom salt bath, tomorrow my plans include working and singing and a former student's birthday party and Sunday, I want to bring back lots of yummy food from the Harvard interviewer's luncheon.

4 comments:

  1. I remember details too -- sometimes embarrassingly so -- by which I mean if people knew I remembered all the weird details I do they would think I was crazy.

    And yes to 1, 2, 3 and 4. and 6.

    Hope your weekend is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, Manny is beautiful! I wouldn't be able to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby! I think I could foster (I worked at a vet for two years, so I learned - hard! - how to let go :( ) but I need a fenced in yard first. But my Hops is a great teacher-dog, hubby is a great alpha-male, and I'm the love-mom (and Boudin, of course, is just a silly/happy puppy who loves everyone :P)

    I love pitty-faces! I will never get a dog who isn't some part pitt. They need so much love in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, you rock my world, this post was profound. LOVE number 1. And you and your doggy are so cute!!

    Happy weekend, yummy bath salts! Yay for singing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love dogs AND comments!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...