This time - marathon style.
The rules again:
- Internet usage while at work FOR WORK PURPOSES ONLY doesn't count. Allot time for that. I will give myself a total of 30 minutes each day to be divided into 3 increments.
- If email is vital to your work as a writer, allot the necessary time. For instance, I owe some pages to a critique partner. It should take me only 3 minutes to draft up a critique email and send it.
- NO blogging, reading other blogs, surfing the internet, twittering, facebooking, stumbling upon, digging, Google+ing, gchatting, yahoo talking, AIMing, iChatting, liking, updating books on Goodreads, Grouponing, crying, whining, eating too much ice cream. (Because that's bad for you.)
- From July 31st-August 8th you will pick ANY 48-hour period to go dark.
- Pick as many 48-hour periods as you like. I recommend one if this is your first time. As the creator, I will try to do one after another, with maybe a few hours of internet fast breaking in between. In fact I might start early.
- Sign up below with Mr. Linky.
- Whenever you're not dark during that week, feel free to visit the blogs below and leave encouraging messages. Or stalk them and slap them (virtually) if you catch them online.
YES there is a prize.
I'd like to interview and feature the blogger who logs the most 48-hour dark periods during this marathon. This is because I and the addict public would like to know how you did this without dying.
It's time to kick the habit, addicts. The strong will survive.
Sign up will remain open the whole marathon - join anytime!